Sunday, January 25, 2009

Interpretation

This photo from Style magazine's September issue has haunted me for months now. I have been completely inspired by the gothic touches added to the clean white space. This is my interpretation with my own modern minimalist twist.


Darjeeling table
Cb2-$899
I would start off with two of these babies end to end to use as a eating/work/everything space
Thorsten van Elten- Van Amburgh Stool
$150 at Design Public
Add in both the black and white stools because the white adds fresh minimalism while the black adds some much needed drama.
These are great for stacking large piles of books on as well as displaying objects.
Verner Panton Chair for Vitra
200-260 depending on where you get it from
For seating I would follow their lead and mix and match chairs.
Four of these guys
Phillipe Starck Victoria Ghost chair
Three in clear and one in the transparent black
Arne Jacobson Ant Chair
To top it off I would mix in two classic ant chairs to add back an organic element to the arrangement
Cellula Chandelier- Crystals
$2,200 at DWR
I am going to add some texture to the room with this amazing chandelier, i love things that sparkle what can I say? I also think the length will echo the end to end tables really well.
Reed Danzinger Artwork from Hosfelt Gallery
"an intermediate order 06", 2008
This piece is HUGE in person, and this little image does not even begin to show the different textures and saturation each stroke makes.
The muted blues and greens add color to the space without being overwhelming, although I think a bright piece would also work wonders in this space.
Marta Barware
$1.50-2.50 at CB2
I love the simple shape of these iconic glasses paired with the wood and plastic chairs.
Heath Ceramics
Add some organic plates and bowls into the mix in white for a soft touch.
Black Concept napkin
$3.50 CB2
I AM IN LOVE with these large black cotton napkins and they happen to balance out the look perfectly.

THE END!

No comments: